Pages

Monday, September 02, 2013

Ballet baby



Ratfink had her Grade 2 ballet exam a few wells ago. She'd been working pretty damn hard in the few months before and I'm still horrified at the ease in which I slipped into "Ballet mum" mode. Soz Hannah.
As Hannah rightly pointed out last night, "You're not my ballet mum, you're my mum mum." Yes. That I am. And I'm a pretty proud mum mum who thinks that no matter what grade that this Hannahrina ballerina gets, that she's pretty awesome for working so hard in the leadup. And fighting the genetic predisposition to not try very hard at all. At anything. Ever.
There was a bit of competitiveness exposed in the process which we'll work on harnessing for good.
Because there'll be plenty more exams where that came from, if this ballet mum gets her way.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable, go Hannah!
    Do you still do ballet?

    ReplyDelete

Dear spammers,

F off.

Dear everyone else,

Comment away!

Love,

Nikki